I heart New York

We just returned from a biz (my husband's) and pleasure trip to the Big Apple.  I always love visiting there.  On this trip, we stayed at a friend's apartment in the Financial District, just one block away from Wall Street.  The neighborhood was bustling, eateries and bars were busy, etc.  Mind you, this is just my own myopic observation, but all the men and women I saw coming and going from the financial institutions that run this country seemed to have pep in their steps, a smile on their lips and a song in their hearts.  The crowds certainly didn't reflect the economic realities in the rest of the country.  Perhaps there really is a disconnect between Wall Street and Main Street.

But anyway, of course I scanned Manhattan real estate prices.  (That's me, above. [Cameras can correct for red eyes. Why can't they correct for big butts too?]) It is possible to buy a studio in a decent neighborhood for $400k.  The prices seemed to go to $700k for one bedrooms, and of course seven figures is common as well.  Brooklyn seems to be about as expensive as Manhattan.  Space is at a premium, so if you're contemplating a move, you'll need to get rid of a lot of your stuff.  Needless to say, you won't need a car, but subway rides are $2.20 each way, so you won't save a lot of money by not driving. 

Would I live there if I could afford it? Hmmm....

I heart New York Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: jembe